Monday, May 16, 2011

What Super Pig Thinks of Cars


Super Pig doesn't drive, but she would like to, and she does love riding in cars, especially the back of the Farmer's pickup Truck. She loves the wind in her face and she likes to let her tongue hang out and flap in the breeze. Maybe one day I will write a story where Super Pig has to drive a car. She has been bugging me to do just that, and I just might.

I see cars as a nessesary evil. I know many of you reading this are horrified by that statement. Cars are so beautiful, they can go so fast, they have A/C and heat and music. Some have a sunroof. One of my co-workers, Ruth, her car has a sunroof. It's always fun to watch her panic on rainy days. "Oh no! Is it raining?! Did I close my sun roof?" She runs to the window to look out at the parking lot. "I can't tell from here. Oh dear!" Next time we see her she is soaking wet from having run out to check. And of course the sunroof was closed.

Don't get me wrong, I am very greatful to have a car. They are really good for getting places. But I don't like the price at the pump. For the first time in my life it is costing me almost $50 to fill my tank. And don't even get me started on the toll roads! And then they break down. I'm still paying for the last repairs I had done over 6mos ago. And my trunk won't stay closed. Some screw thingy came out and now it just pops open anytime it feels like it. It's so embarrassing. It's really hard to look cool when your trunk pops open and you go banging down the road with the lid flopping up and down. Well I decided to take care of that. Thank heavens for duck tape. It comes in so many colors now, so I got a color that matches my trunk. No one will ever know it's taped. It's like it's invisable. And it did the trick. No more embarrassing "trunk popping".

And then there's my back window. It won't roll all the way up anymore. I wonder if duck tape would work for that? And my A/C knob broke so I have to use these cute little pink pliers to turn it up and down. And thats not easy going 80 down 417. I have been trying to get a new knob. I found one on Ebay. They wanted just .99, a good deal, but they wanted $10 to mail it. A tiny piece of plastic that doesn't even register on a scale and they are telling me it will cost $10 to mail?! I don't think so.


And you know that pole thing that hold up your hood when you have to look under it? Well mine disappeared somewhere. Where could it have gone? Now I take my life in my hands everytime I have to put in oil and water. It's now a two man job just to fill up the window washer with fluid. And my hubcap flew off somewhere one day, I don't know when or where, so I only have 3 hubcaps now. Can't remember to buy new ones for the life of me. But I do have a really cute Micky Mouse antena thingy. Comes in handy when I lose my car. Oh and that reminds me, my antena won't go up and down any more either.

My car is a Toyota, thank goodness it doesn't just take off on it's own, careening down the road, no way to stop. Although I did try to use that as an excuse the time that nice policeman pulled me over for going 80 while ajusting my A/C with the pliers. "But officer, my car is a Toyota and it just took off. I was so scared! Thank heavens it stopped!" I don't think he believed me.

I live in fear of the next thing to fall apart. Maybe a bumper will fall off or a door. But in the mean time, it runs well, it gets me where I need to go and I am greatful for it. And when the time comes to replace it, I know the Lord will provide. Maybe something a little sportier this time Lord, maybe red, with leather interior, and maybe one I can start up from the office and it will drive around and pick me up. Okay Lord? What do you mean,  "No way"?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come in, read, enjoy

Welcome to my blog! Please read and enjoy. Feel free to leave comments.