Monday, August 29, 2011

My Favorite little People (part 1)

Whats better then a baby? Nothing, that's what!

I have always been crazy about babies. As a kid I drove all the new moms in my neighborhood crazy wanting to be at their homes and play with their babies. I just couldn't stand for there to be a baby around and me not holding it.

Lately I've hit the jackpot with co-workers and family having babies. So much fun!

My neice Amy Livingston Lewis has had two beautiful babies and she is so generous with them. She has let me be in their lives from the very beginning.

First came little Izabella. It was love at first sight. Who wouldn't be crazy about a face like that? She was such a happy baby. Always had a smile for you.

One of my favorite memories is caring for her for 2 1/2 days over a Friday night and weekend, when she was about 9 months old.  Her daddy was in the hospital (due to dehydration) all the way across the city and Amy didn't want  her crawling on a yucky hospital floor. It just so happened that Mimi and Papa where in CA, so Amy asked if Connie and I would mind taking her.

 Would we mind?! Is she kidding? I said yes so fast she didn't even get the question all out.

She was sooooo good. She played, laughed, went to bed at 8pm and didn't wake up until 8am and always with a smile. We had a wonderful time with her.

We have gotten to babysit many times since and it is always a joy. She's never a problem and is so polite. Always saying, "Thank you Connie and Roxanna." anytime we do something for her or give her a gift.

Now that she is a bit older, I'm trying to turn her into a crafter. So far she likes it. Connie and I got her a princess table and chair just her size to craft and eat from. It was a big hit, she is a huge princess fan.


The princess table

The artist at work (she had to sit on her knees
 at my desk, hence the  princess table.)

                      Izabella just turned 3 and for her birthday, Mommy and Daddy took her
                      to Disney World where she got to see her favorite princesses in person.

Sleeping Beauty

Bell from Beauty and the Beast. Bell's okay but where is Cinderella?!








And the all time favorite Cinderella (you can see how nervous she is about meeting her very favorite)




And of course the all important Mouse, Mickey.

Is this the cutest picture or what?

Izabella is a Cubbie in AWANA now and is learning bible verses. She does very well. Her mom and dad are teaching her the most important thing in life. To love Jesus. When we had her over night just last month, at bedtime she got into my book case and took something down. I looked at it and it was the bible. I said,"I don't know if you will like that book, it's the bible and there are no pictures." She said, "I want to read the bible." She crawled up on to my bed, leaned back against the pillow and started looking through it. I wish I'd had my camera ready. It was so cute.
Praising the Lord with daddy


No autographs today darling.
She can be a fashion icon or very silly

silly face


She loves her Mommy and Daddy,

And Papa and Mimi.
and most of the time, little brother Justus (as long as he isn't pulling her hair)


She is a sweetie and my life is richer for having her in it. Of course I wrote her into my Super Pig books. She is Izabella Frog and in her story she tries to find the perfect gift for Jesus.
                                                      I think she is the perfect gift.

My hope and prayer for her is she grows up to be a beautiful woman of God. That she will love and serve Jesus and be a light where ever she goes.



I love you my sweet girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Come in, read, enjoy

Welcome to my blog! Please read and enjoy. Feel free to leave comments.