Monday, July 16, 2012

Chocolate-The Elixer of Life

What would life be like if there were no chocolate? It's just too horrible to think about so I won't even attempt an answer.

Today my department from work went to a place in Orlando called Farris and Foster Fine Chocolates.
It is in the Kohl's shopping center across from Waterford Lakes. This was a team building activity. We get to do those at my place of employment. You just call something really fun a 'Team Building Activity' and they let you do it!!


First thing you see when walking in the shop
Anyway, the first thing we noticed when we arrived at F&FFC was the door was extra wide. What do you think that means? I personally didn't think it was a real good sign. So you go through the really wide door into, well pretty much heaven on earth. There is chocolate everywhere, and everything is chocolate covered.

We were shown to a long table that had parchment place mats, molds, a little paper hat to wear and a plastic apron. We were later given gloves to wear and told if we licked our fingers, we had to get a new pair of gloves.



Candy making table


Hats and aprons on


Our very nice instructor

A very cute, nice girl gave us instructions on how to fill the molds, and we were shown all the wonderful things we could use as fillers.
Then we were let lose to explore our creative side in chocolateering. I was not very creative, you would think I would be, but I don't really like a lot of junk in my chocolate, I guess I'm just a purest. I do like peanut butter in my chocolate so I did use a lot of that.

Some little chocolateers ready for duty
Getting into the candy making thing
My pound of candy, mainly PB&C

But the other girls were not purest and did many creative things, but I would not want to eat their chocolate.
Other peoples candy which I wouldn't eat
 
Yucky stuff in candy


We were given a container to put our candy in and we were allowed to make a pound. This was all paid for by our generous boss, Connie, but if we went over a pound, we had to pay the difference ourselves. I went $3 over. Still a very good deal.

Our generous boss showing off her pound of candy

Thus far I have only eaten a smidgen of my candy. I have shared a lot of it, so I wouldn't eat it all myself, but I still have much too much left. I kept it at work so I wouldn't eat anymore of it and will try to force others to eat it tomorrow, thus saving myself many calories. Although our little instructor girl did said they had taken all the calories out, but since they have that extra wide door, I don't believe her.

Some co-worker chocolateers
Me being shy (I'm just such a shy person)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come in, read, enjoy

Welcome to my blog! Please read and enjoy. Feel free to leave comments.