Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Super Pigs Thoughts on Foot in Mouth Disease

Super Pig has a fear of hoof and mouth disease, not a pleasent thing for an animal to get. She is also all to familiar with foot in mouth disease. She has said a few things she shouldn't and wishes she haden't. Like the time she told Gussie Cow she could stand to lose a few pounds. Gussie was very hurt and didn't speak to SP for a whole week. Or the time she told Judy Groundhog she was too small to be jumping into the leaf pile. She was afraid they would lose her. Judy was most offended by this, after all she was a grown groundhog and should be allowed to play the leaf jumping game if she wanted to.

I can also put my foot in my mouth. I'm really good at that. Saying things I shouldn't, saying too much, talking without thinking about the consequences. I do most of my foot in mouth episodes by e-mail. I'm so much braver hiding behind my computer. I can say all the things I'm thinking but am too cowardly to say in person. Thank goodness for e-mail, huh? What did we do before we had it? Keep our mouths shut or something?

Like everything technology can be good and bad. It's not technolgoies fault I'm an idot. Or is it? Can I blame all my problems on technology? Why yes I think I can! If the present adminstration can blame everything on George W. Bush, I think I can blame all my flaws on technology!  Oh I feel so much better.

But seriously, one of my goals for this year is to learn from my mistakes, to grow more as a person and a Christian. To keep quiet if I should and to pray more, and watch God work. I've come to the conclusion that maybe God can do a better job of things then me. Do you think that is possible?
"God are you sure you don't need me to run around like an idiot, saying lots stupid things and trying to fix everybody so they do things the right way? Can't I at least fix that really weird person I have to work with everyday? No? Okay."

1 comment:

Come in, read, enjoy

Welcome to my blog! Please read and enjoy. Feel free to leave comments.