Monday, May 9, 2011

All I ever needed to know in life I learned from Super Pig


Not really, I must have known something before Super Pig came into my life, because I created her.

Maybe I should tell you a little about Super Pig. She is a character in the stories I write, the main character actually. She's really just an ordinary pig, with one difference. She believes she is a Super Hero. To be a Super Hero you have to have super powers. Super Pig has none, but she believes she does, and so do her friends. She has a wonderful group of friends. They are really her alter ego Pinky's friends, but they all love Super Pig. Who doesn't love a Super Hero.  And they believe she is going to rescue them when they call on her. They have no doubts at all. And when Super Pig gets in over her head, she calls on her friends for help, and they help. They never say, "Well you're the Super Hero. Do it yourself."  She is their friend and they help when asked.

That is what makes Super Pig so unique. Super Heroes almost always work alone. Of course some have a side kick, but often, they aren't really friends with that person. They never seem to have any close friends. They don't want to let anyone in, they don't want anyone too close. But not Super Pig. Her friends range from cows and ducks, to lizards and porcupines. She'd be a poor Super Hero if not for her friends. In fact I think it is her friends who give her super powers.

There is nothing like a great friendship. I have had friends that I'm still close to after more then 30 years, some I've known for 50. I think my friends give me super powers too. I have a circle of friends I call "The Gang". We get together often and laugh.  There is nothing like great friends to laugh with. They are always there for me. I trust them with my life. I can tell them anything;  and if they still love me after all these years, with all my ups and downs, all my flaws, all the stupid things I've said and done over the years, well maybe, just maybe, they are really the ones who have super powers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come in, read, enjoy

Welcome to my blog! Please read and enjoy. Feel free to leave comments.